You know that crippling humidity they talk about? The kind that takes your breath away when you walk outside? Well today was the day for it. We had perfect weather all week so I guess one day of hotter than Hades weather isn't much to complain about. We went outside a little in the morning to have some fun with bubbles but the rest of the day we tried to move as little as possible and stay in the air conditioned living room. We did manage to peel ourselves off the couch long enough to go to Four Seas one last time (yes, Joslyn's 3rd time!) and the Country Store to get some candy. Then it was time for a trip to the pool because even the air conditioning wasn't keeping us cool anymore. John's Uncle Don and Aunt Linda arrived from Montreal along with Montreal Rita (so called since she has the same name as my mother-in-law and lives in, you guessed it, Montreal) and her husband, Linda's brother, and they joined us at the pool. I had never met Montreal Rita before but she had fallen in love with Joslyn from pictures I sent to my mother-in-law and became my friend on Facebook to see more. Joslyn is famous in two countries. The most awesome neighbor in the world, Paul, planned a big farewell dinner for us that night. He even brought us appetizers by the pool! Have I mentioned that I need a neighbor like Paul? Preferably with a pool. He had been planning the menu for weeks but I don't think he was planning on the crippling heat. He was grilling the meat and potatoes and I don't know how him and my father-in-law could stand being near that heat. I used the baby as an excuse and stayed inside with the air conditioning. The meal was amazing, from the mozzarella, tomato and basil appetizer, to the meat that you didn't need to cut with a knife it was so tender, the yummy mushrooms and the perfectly roasted potatoes. I'm drooling just writing about it! It was so sweet of him to put so much work into a meal for us. It was way past Joslyn's bedtime but she was perfectly content sitting at the head of the table and wanted to try everything on my plate. It was a wonderful way to end our time on the Cape!
 |
| Playing with Uncle Paul |
 |
| Bubbles! |
 |
| I love this picture. |
 |
| Popping bubbles! |
 |
| The Z family loves Four Seas! |
 |
John thought a Corona box filled with water bottles would be a great toy.
And she loved playing with it. |
 |
| Playing at the pool with Grandma Rita |
 |
| At the farewell dinner. She was putting on a show for everyone outside. |
 |
| Dancing with Daddy |
 |
| Happy as can be sitting at the head of the table. |
 |
| The group |
 |
| We clean up well. |
No comments:
Post a Comment