I couldn't wait until Joslyn was old enough to do her first craft project. I have pinned countless ideas on Pinterest (have I mentioned enough how much I LOVE this site?!) for future craft projects but I thought she was old enough now to make a
hand and footprint lobster. Go to the site for a lot of great hand and footprint animals! I got out of work early on Friday and Grandma Rita was here to help so I thought it was the perfect day to do it! We had gone to Target to buy
Crayola washable paints and paper the weekend before so we had everything we needed to get started! The hospital where Joslyn was born never did hand and footprints and with all the newborn sleep deprivation, I never did them when we got home. So I thought this was the perfect craft to get her 1 year hand and footprint!
Let me start off by saying Joslyn was not a fan of the paint on her hands and foot. I wasn't very surprised. She hates picking up any food that's mushy or slimy so why would she like cold, slimy paint on her hands and foot? She's my prissy girl. I guess we'll be waiting a year or two for finger painting. As my brother said, maybe she's more into digital art like her Daddy :-)
![]() |
| You can tell she's not so sure about this. |
![]() |
| I'm done with this icky paint! |
![]() |
| We explained to Joslyn that art is perfect in its imperfection. |
![]() |
| Daddy finished it for her. Turned out pretty cute! |
I'm going to frame it with a picture of her making it (another idea from Pinterest!). Grandma Rita wants her to paint a birdhouse when we go to Cape Cod in a couple weeks so we'll see how she does with that.
That is so cute!!! What a fun idea!
ReplyDeleteAdorable!! Matt and I were talking about having Cassie paint a bird house over the weekend, how weird is that?! I think I may get one of the some assembly required ones and use the Ziploc bags and paint method...or the car with cool treads method so she doesn't have to get paint on her hands :)
ReplyDelete