Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Westchester 4th of July Parade

We've owned our house in Westchester for 6 years and I lived in Westchester for years before that yet I've never been to the Westchester 4th of July parade.  I guess you need a kid to make yourself go to things like this.  John was doing some freelance work so my Mom and I put Joslyn in her red wagon and walked over to the parade.  This year's theme was celebrating the 100 year birthday of Loyola Marymount University, my Alma mater, so we picked the perfect year to go!  Joslyn loves anything that allows her to look at new people and things so she had a great time.  The only thing she didn't like was the fly over by the LAPD helicopter.  The marching bands and car horns she had no problem with but that helicopter was not her friend.  I loved the parade because I learned more about my neighborhood and it felt like we were in a small town, not in Los Angeles minutes away from LAX. 

On our way to the parade
She didn't like the brim down on her hat.  I think because it obstructed her view.  This girl has to see everything!
I don't know why but I love this picture.
Clapping for the music!
She loved the balloon we tied to her wagon.
Love old cars.
Water break
This Catholic school and church is right down the street from our house.
We can't go anywhere without puffs.
Go Lions!
Apparently Westchester has a playhouse, who knew?
The trash drums were cool.
Another cool old car.
Love this picture of her!
A parade has to have cheerleaders.
Nothing says the 4th like Dracula.
Uncle Sam pointed right at me.
She got a ball from the LMU float.
We had a great time! I hope you all had a wonderful 4th with your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment