Monday, August 1, 2011

I Love to Bake: Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies

I love baking. My favorite wedding shower gift was my KitchenAid mixer. I love that thing. Before Joslyn, I baked a lot and baked from scratch most of the time.  I don't bake as often but once in awhile I see a recipe I have to try. I found this one on Pinterest and had to try it out. A recipe can't get much easier, only 4 ingredients! 


Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies from Tidy Mom

Ingredients:
1 box Lemon Cake Mix*
1- 8 oz container Cool Whip
1 egg
1/3 cup powdered sugar (for rolling)

Preheat oven to 350°
In medium bowl, beat cool whip, egg and cake mix until well blended. Dough will be thick and sticky.
Drop by teaspoonfuls into a bowl of powdered sugar and roll to coat.
Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10- 12 minutes

*Try these using strawberry or orange cake mix for variety.

There is nothing wrong with this recipe except how many I have eaten in 2 days. I lost count.  They are gooey, lemony goodness! 

1 comment: