Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Neverending To Do List

I always seem to have a running to do list in my head.  If I don't write it down so I'm able to cross things off when I complete an item, I feel like the to do list never ends. I've had a list floating in my head for months and causing me stress so I thought the best thing to do would be to write it down and tackle one item a weekend.  So far so good!
  • Print 6-11 month, 1st birthday and 1 year pictures photo album
  • Put 3-6 and 6-9 month clothes in big tub and put in garage *I also packed up all the fabric bibs and fabulous flannel burp cloths my Mom made for me. I had one of my shoulder at all times for the first 6+ months of Joslyn's life because she was a pro at spitting up. Made me realize she's not really a baby anymore :(
  • Put 1st year memory box items in a large tub so I can use the small hat box they were in for 2nd year items *I'm saving all her special outfits, and one of the dragonfly print burp cloths, for a future quilt that my Mom and I are going to make together.  As soon as she teaches me to sew! 
  • Print out monthly pictures and put them in 1 year frame
  • Work on baby book *I've kind of abandoned this since I went back to work. I've been stuffing things in there to organize later and I need to start working on it.  I decided to print my monthly blog updates into a book instead of writing on the monthly sheets in the baby book. 
  • Print 1st year monthly blog updates into a book *I tried this site but I'm having trouble with it. It doesn't organize the pictures the way I want.  I'm going to give this site a try. 
  • Edit 1st year videos into 1 DVD *John got Final Cut Pro on his computer so I can do this. I used this editing system in college so hopefully it comes back to me like riding a bike :-)
  • Organize pictures and picture DVDs into a photo box.  And get an external hard drive to back up my pictures, which I will store in a fire proof box because I'm that paranoid about losing my pictures. 
  • Organize recipe book.  Move recipes from small book to binder.
That's it! It doesn't look so bad when I write it all out.

1 comment:

  1. I have used the Blurb software to make my blog into a book for the years 2008 and 2009. I am still working on 2010. It does take A LOT of time to format the pages and the text the way I want it, but the final product is awesome and I love having the blog in book format. Let me know what you think, or if you find something easier ;)!

    ReplyDelete