Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happiest Place on Earth!

When we moved to Orange County, I knew I wanted to get an annual pass to Disneyland. I love Disneyland and it's so close to our house so I figured why not enjoy the fact that Joslyn is free until age 3 and get a pass so we can go all the time.  We could go for a few hours and not feel like we need to do everything when we go because we can go as often as we like.  Grandma Sue came this past weekend and since she loves Disneyland, it was the perfect excuse to take Joslyn for the first time!  We were so excited to show her the happiest place on Earth!  I think Joslyn was a little overwhelmed with everything going on but all in all, I think she had a good time.  We thought for sure she would love going on the train since she is all about choo choos but she kind of freaked out and clung onto Grandma Sue the entire time.  Just when I think I have this kid figured out!  After that, we decided to just walk around and let her get used to all the excitement.  We found a playground area in Toontown and she was happy to go down the slide a hundred times.  That definitely warmed her up to Disneyland!  We didn't go on a bunch of rides and just enjoyed walking around the park and not feeling like we needed to do everything that day.  We checked out the Tiki Room (which I hadn't been to in years but I don't think it's changed one bit!) and Joslyn liked that, except for the thunder part, and she also liked riding in the boat of It's a Small World but then cuddled with grandma once we got inside with quick peeks to see what was going on. I think the loud noises freaked her out a bit.  She did, however, love watching the dolls come out of the clock at It's a Small World. I think we sat there for about a half hour waiting for the dolls to come back out while she continually signed "doll".  We timed it perfectly and were in the right spot at the right time to get a great seat for the parade.  She loved the music and the bubbles coming out of Ariel's float, waved to all the characters and danced her butt off to Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious once the parade had passed by.  I think it was a fun day for her and I think next time she'll be a little less overwhelmed with everything going on and enjoy it more.  I can't wait for our next trip there!

Choo choo fail

But the slide is a winner!


Grandma, you're so funny!

In the Tiki tiki tiki room!


Joslyn's first ears!

Ice cream with grandma


Where is this boat going?!

I'm not so sure about this.

Waiting for the dolls!

Dolls!

She wasn't a fan of actually wearing her ears.


Watching the parade!




Bubbles!





When I ask someone to take a picture, they never take it right, grr.
I was hoping for the Mickey flowers in the picture too!

No comments:

Post a Comment