Monday, April 2, 2012

Easter Craft-palooza!

My BFF Lisa came to visit us for the day on Saturday and it was the perfect excuse to do some Easter crafts!  First, we dyed eggs with Kool-Aid.  This was the first time I dyed Easter eggs with Joslyn so I wanted to find a non-toxic option and then I saw the Kool-Aid idea on Pinterest and knew we had to try it.  I'm never buying those dye packets again!  The Kool-Aid got very pretty results and no smell of vinegar in the kitchen, only the delicious smell of Kool-Aid!  Jos had a blast too. I wasn't sure she would be into it but she loved throwing the eggs in the cup and lifting them out with a spoon.

I was bummed the store didn't have lime. 

Kool-Aid packet + 2/3 cup water

She loved dropping the egg in the cup.


Really cool results!




My favorite color, with berry blue. 



Our pretty eggs!
After the eggs were done, I gave Joslyn something to color and then Lisa and I worked on our bunny garlands. I found the printable template and idea here, enlarged the template by 200% and then cut out 20 bunnies, 10 for each of us.  I used what I had on hand, card stock in pastels and white yarn, so they cost nothing to make.  The project could not have been any easier and I think they came out pretty cute!

1. Cut out the bunnies.

2. Using a small hole punch, punch a hole in the ear.

3. Pull white string through the hole  

I have a plastic tapestry needle that worked great for this.

4. Hang up for some Easter cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment