Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Irvine Park Railroad Easter Eggstravaganza!

One of my friends from the MOMS Club decided to plan a trip to the Irvine Park Railroad Easter Eggstravaganza.  I heard about it during Christmas but we never had the time to go so I was curious to see what it was all about.  A trip there can get pricey if you do a lot of the activities, each ticket costs $4 and everything costs 1 ticket, but I was really only interested in the egg hunt and a ride on the train. This was Joslyn's first time hunting for eggs and I wasn't sure what she would think.  I pointed out an egg to her once and she was off and running.  The only issue was keeping her to her 8 egg limit because she would have kept picking up eggs all day.  She also didn't want to wait until later to open the eggs and would open them as soon as she picked one up.





She did a little dance waiting for the egg hunt to start.

That is the look of a determined toddler.





Comparing what she got with her friend Viv.  
After the egg hunt, we decided to take a ride on the train.  Now Joslyn hated the Disneyland train but I had to get her back on that horse.  She was hanging onto me pretty tight at the beginning but then started enjoying herself.  She never left my lap but it's progress.  This child is an odd duck.  She loves when daddy spins her around, jumping on the bed and hanging from bars but the merry go round and moving train freak her out.  Go figure.  The train went all through the park.  I think we may need to come back to rent some bikes and visit the little zoo!  We had the girls pose behind a wood cutout, said hi to the horses and then headed home after a really fun morning!

She was very excited to pose because she was tall enough to reach the cutout herself.
She's growing up so fast!

3 chicks

Jos decided to do a little jumping.

And posed for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment