Sunday, April 22, 2012
Toddler Entertainment
It's rare for Joslyn to refuse to nap so when she does, I have to keep her busy to keep a no-nap meltdown from coming on. Last week we had one of those days and I had to clean the kitchen so I decided to try a busy project I saw on Pinterest to keep her entertained while I cleaned. The set up couldn't be easier, a dish with baking soda, an eye dropper (I used an old one from infant Tylenol) and vinegar tinted with food coloring. I showed her how to do it once and she was hooked!
It kept her entertained the entire time I cleaned. She did get bored using the eye dropper so I gave her a spoon and she started experimenting with dropping the baking soda in the glass bowls with the vinegar. I would say she was entertained for at least a half an hour and would have probably gone longer but she was making quite a mess, and had stained fingers from the food coloring, so I ended the fun a little early. Definitely a project we'll be doing again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment