When Grandma Sue comes to town, we are always on the go. This weekend was no different. It was so much fun and I'm sad I had to come back to work today! I had Monday off of work and took Tuesday off too. She drove down on Saturday (Through moments of torrential downpour and snow! Nothing will keep her away from her granddaughter!) so I spent the day cleaning and Joslyn spent the day napping. She took a 2 hour nap in the morning, which never happens. I think she knew Grandma Sue was coming and she better rest up :-) That night, John made pizza for dinner and we relaxed.
Sunday, Joslyn got to play with her new toys from Grandma Sue. It's so much fun watching her actually play with her toys. She was also showing Grandma Sue how she can get around by army crawling. That girl can move fast! John went golfing with his friends so after her morning nap, the girls went shopping! First we hit up Carter's and Grandma Sue bought her an adorable Easter dress, a cute cardigan to go over it and a white hat for summer. I, of course, had to buy her a few things too. Carter's is a very dangerous place! And I need to go back because I have a coupon and they have a 1st Easter two piece outfit that I need to get for her. Then we stopped by Babies R Us to get her yet another sippy cup (still doesn't want to drink out of it) and I needed to get a baby shower gift for a family friend. We headed back home so Joslyn could take a nap and we could eat lunch but after she woke up, we were off to shop some more...this time Old Navy! I bought her a pair of adorable white espadrilles to match her dress and a yellow polka dot bathing suit. They didn't have the matching hat in her size at the store but I may have to buy it online for her. We had to make one last stop at a HomeGoods that opened up. My Mom LOVES HomeGoods. I call it her mecca. But I'm glad we went because we found two things for Joslyn's first birthday! They had an adorable tray and bucket with an ocean scene on them. They are something we can use again for BBQ's and will be perfect for her party! I was debating whether to buy both and my Mom helped me decide by buying the tray for me. She's the best :-) After a very busy day, John asked if we were going out to dinner and how could I say no to a date with my husband? He wanted to go to a 50's diner but the diner was closed so I got my way and we went to our favorite sushi restaurant. I hadn't had sushi since before I got pregnant! It was a delicious meal and so nice to have have an evening out with my husband.
 |
| Her cell phone :-) |
 |
| I had these when I was little! |
 |
She likes doing this with it but
eventually she'll learn how to stack
the rings. |
 |
| Her Easter dress, and the dress for her 9 month pictures. |
 |
| Her eyes are going to pop with the blue sweater! |
 |
Saw this and had to get it in 12 months for her 1st birthday
as a back up outfit :-) |
 |
I can't find this outfit on their website but
I took a picture to send to Grandma Rita.
It's the perfect Cape Cod outfit! |
 |
| Oh so cute! |
 |
| Can't wait to take her to the beach! |
 |
| I need to get her this hat! |
Monday, Joslyn had a play date with Juliana...and I had a play date with Juliana's mommy Francesca :-) Francesca brought some lunch over for us and the girls got to play for a little bit. Juliana was obsessed with one of Joslyn's toys and Joslyn was having fun grabbing Juliana's ear. I think we need to teach Joslyn to be gentle with babies, lol. We took a walk, relaxed the rest of the day and then met up with my brother and BFF Lisa for dinner at a Portuguese restaurant called Natas. It was Joslyn's first dinner out and she did really well! It was way past her bedtime but she was in a good mood and was the perfect baby. I danced with her to Portuguese music, she almost broke a plate and glass (that girl is strong and reaches for everything!) and spilled John's coffee all over the table because she was pounding on the table :-) It was a fun night! And the food was delicious...it was almost like I was in Portugal again!
 |
| Juliana didn't want to let go of the book! |
 |
| I got your ear! |
 |
| Come here, baby! |
 |
| Grandma and baby cuddles |
 |
| Wearing her new sunglasses on our walk |
 |
| At dinner |
Tuesday we took Joslyn on her first trip to the aquarium but that gets its own post because I have lots of pictures to post :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment