Thursday, February 10, 2011

Joslyn at 7 Months

- got a flu shot, barely cried and it was a very delayed response. She cried after the nurse took out the needle. No reaction
- rolls over to her side as soon as I lay her down in her crib, and puts her face up against the side. Good thing we got those breathable bumpers.
- tried avocado. Jackie said she wasn't sure at first so she mixed some apples in with it and she ate it.
- pulls herself across the floor with her arms, we call it the dead leg crawl. Hasn't figured out how to get her knees under her to really crawl yet but she moves pretty fast this way.
- sitting up really well now but only when we put her in a sitting position. Hasn't got to the point where she can pull herself up from lying down to a sitting position.
- finally got her to eat green beans by pureeing one cube of them with 2 cubes of pears
- liked bananas too
- put her in the tub for the first time (1/17). We put her baby bath in the tub because she's getting too big for the bath on the kitchen counter and we were worried she was going to hit her head on the cabinets.
- slams her hand down on everything, even does it when I'm rocking her to sleep. Will put the pacifier in her hand and slam it on my arm. Loves to put a burp cloth in her hand and wave it up and down.
- pulls out my nipple when I'm feeding her, looks at it quizzically and pinches it. She's a weird child.
- Baby Signing Time + Jumperoo = entertained baby for at least 20 minutes. She smiles as soon as she sees the DVD menu on the TV.
- kicks her legs all the time
- has a lot more hair now, still longer in the middle. She has a mohawk.
- we yell "Godzilla" and she knocks over her tower of blocks and squeals. It's the cutest thing ever.
- found her ticklish spot under her chin. I love her baby giggles!
- likes to chew on her toes
- always grabs John's glasses when he wears them
- doesn't want to take a late afternoon nap anymore but her morning and afternoon naps are more consistent now and usually an hour
- had a slight fever and was very fussy and cranky. We assumed she was teething but her runny nose got worse and she kept complaining when we laid her flat so I took her to the pediatrician to make sure it wasn't an ear infection. It wasn't an ear infection, just a cold and working on her teeth. Just when she started sleeping better at night she gets sick and is up more often. And she generously shared her first cold with John and I.
- started rocking on her knees
- army crawled down the hallway. She's pretty fast!
- loves the hardwood floor. She could have a bunch of toys in front of her but she goes straight for the hardwood.
- smiles every time she sees Abby
- put her in her crib awake and she barely cried and fell asleep on her own (2/5). That's the only time that has happened. I had put the burp cloth on the crib railing because I planned on going back in there to try and rock her to sleep again but then she fell asleep. I found the burp cloth next to her when she woke up for her nighttime feeding. Maybe the burp cloth helped comfort her to sleep? I think she would like to sleep with a lovie but I'm still paranoid about putting a blanket in her crib.
- lifts her arms up when I go to pick her up
- always grabs my iPhone, tech geek like Daddy already
- smiles as soon as she sees my camera, such a ham
- keeps rolling over to her stomach when she's on her changing table. It makes diaper changes so much fun.
- wearing some 3-6 but mostly 6-9 months

7 months!
Picture for our Valentine's Day card
Blowing raspberries
Her eye color amazes me.  She hit the
genetic lottery.
Playing with Daddy
First time in the big bath
What toys? I want the hardwood floor!

Hey Violet!

If baby won't nap and you need to
vacuum, get out the Baby Bjorn!

Give me that camera!
Hanging out with sock monkey
She loves grabbing Daddy's glasses
My loves
I got her a lovie with tags.
No surprise, she likes to chew on them.
Checking Facebook :-)
I'm so cute!
 

2 comments:

  1. such a big girl!!! i love the monthly recaps! and i'm sure it'll be so cool to have all the info to look back on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I'm doing it. I'm not good about filling out her baby book but I can always print these and put them in there :-)

    ReplyDelete