Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be My Valentine

I thought it would be fun to include a piece of original Joslyn artwork in each Valentine card we sent.  I had seen an idea on Pinterest to use a toilet paper roll as a heart stamp so I made a heart stamp, laid out some paint and paper and let Joslyn have fun.  She never quite follows the project I have in mind but I've been trying to let go of control so when she started smearing the hearts, I reminded myself to let go and let her experiment.  Even though the resulting artwork didn't have many hearts, they were made with love and that's what Valentine's Day is all about!

At first, she used the stamp.

That's boring.  Time to put my hand in it.




Then she started painting her face.  

Valentine's Day cards ready to be mailed!
Joslyn and I also made some cupcakes to take to Daddy at work.  This was our first try at baking and she had a lot of fun putting the paper cups in the pan and pouring the ingredients in the mixer.  Next time, maybe I'll let her help decorate them.  I didn't this time because I was worried she would want to eat all the frosting!


Wearing our matching cupcake aprons made by Grandma Sue!
Another Pinterest idea, make hearts out of the leftover candy canes from Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment