Thursday, February 9, 2012

Where am I going? Or why I love Waze

As I may have mentioned a few times, we moved to a new city.  Even though it's only 50 miles south of our old home, it may as well be a different state, or country.  I have no idea where I'm going.  My sense of direction is not that great as it is and throw in a city I know nothing about and that's a recipe for disaster.  Enter Waze, an amazing turn by turn navigation app for my iPhone. I really don't know how I would survive without it.  I just enter the address or search for say, Target, and off I go.  The friendly voice of Waze tells me exactly where to go and even lets me know if I need to get in the right or left lane BEFORE I arrive at the street.  Genius!  And if I make a wrong turn or decide I want to take a different street, Waze is on top of it and recalculates a new route automatically.  Take that Google maps!  It also alerts you if there is a traffic jam or accident in the area, and even tells you where cops are hiding.  I got a hands-free mount for my car so I can drive safely without looking down at my phone every 5 seconds like I had to do with Google maps.  Amazing I tell you!  So if you are in need of a navigation system, trust me when I say Waze is it!

*Waze is not giving me anything to write this. I just love it so much and had to share.  And it's FREE!

1 comment: