Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Busy Bag Ideas

This summer we are going to France with John's family!  We are staying in Paris for two nights and then staying at this chateau for a week.  My brother-in-law is a photographer and was hired to take pictures of the chateau for an upcoming book.  They told him he could rent it out for a week and he was kind enough to include us.  Talk about a trip of lifetime! Of course, the long plane flight worries me a little but I vowed that I would not let having a child deter my traveling because I love traveling and our family lives away from us so not traveling is not an option.  We are breaking the flight up a bit by staying overnight in Boston and then flying to France on an overnight flight the next day. Now I would love to believe that Jos will sleep the entire flight but I need to be prepared if she doesn't because she wasn't a big fan of sleeping on our overnight flight to Boston last summer.  This time will be different because she will have our own seat and we will be bringing her carseat on the plane so I think she might sleep more but I need to be prepared with a bag of tricks to entertain her just in case she doesn't.  We will of course be bringing the iPad too.  That's where busy bags come in!  I've seen a lot of ideas on Pinterest but I wanted to keep a running list here of things I think Jos will like and are small enough to fit in a carry on bag.  I'm going to put each game in a Ziploc bag so it's like getting a new toy each time I bring a bag out.  I'm going to start working on them so I don't have a bunch to do the week before our trip. Or that's the plan at least.

Pushing Puff Balls (But with a small tupperware container, maybe different ones with different colored lids so it would have a color matching aspect.)
Travel Felt Board (like this one on Etsy or this one seems easy enough to make)
Pipe Cleaner Toy (maybe with one of the half size Pringles cans?)

I think that's a pretty good list so far! If you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them!

3 comments:

  1. And can i just say, um WOW? That chateau looks amazing! What an awesome experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! France sounds like an amazing trip. I'm guessing you'll fly out from boston w/ his family? So at least you'd have extra hands when you get there.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Are you feeling better about leaving LA now? Have you met any friends? Sorry so many questions, I lost my blogger password and couldn't comment lol.
    You are finding some awesome projects to do. I'm proud of you for learning some PS! How is cloth going? You never updated since she started solids. Would you mind giving an update? I'd love to know how things have been going. Have you thought of trainers yet? I just can't believe she's going to be 2! And my LO is turning 1! Where does the time go!

    ReplyDelete