Monday, February 13, 2012

Pinterest Projects and a Trip Down Memory Lane

Pinterest is wonderful, no doubt about it, but the negative side is I can never seem to make my to-do list any smaller because I find more projects and keep adding to it! But I did check off two projects that have been on my list for awhile.

The first is a family picture wall! We have so many beautiful pictures of Joslyn and our family and I wanted a proper place to display them.  Our new house had a big blank wall that was the perfect spot!  First we picked up four, 2 big and 2 small, Ribba shelves from Ikea.  I saw this tutorial on Pinterest and thought about having John make them but the Ikea shelves were cheap and looked practically the same.  Instead of buying white frames, I gathered up all our mismatched frames in the house and spray painted them all white.

Once the shelves were hung, I laid out the frames to see how many I could fit on each shelf.

Then I spray painted them all white.  This is my first spray painting experience and let me just say I am going to spray paint everything from now on! Love it!

Once they were dry, I put the frames on the shelf and then came the hard part, deciding which pictures to print!  Here is the finished product!  I'm so happy with how it came out! And the best part is I can change pictures as often as  I want.  But I do fear we're going to need some more shelves soon because I love pictures :-)


And finishing the picture wall also meant that I finally finished decorating the living room and hallway!

The rental house came with curtains.  They are the least offensive of all the curtains in the house (trust me, wait until I post a picture of the ones in our master bedroom!) so they will stay since I don't want to spend money on window treatments for a house we don't own.


The second Pinterest project I completed is a shadow box filled with Joslyn's shoes from the first year!  I love that it shows how much she has grown in a year and displays some of my favorite shoes that she wore.  I found the shadow box for a great deal but it was black so I got out the spray paint again (see, love that stuff!) and made it white.  Then I gathered up her shoes, glue gunned them to the back of the box and wrote up little labels.



I'm going to be on the lookout for a taller shadow box so I can display more shoes as she grows.

Even though I have a growing to-do list, it feels good to cross things off!

1 comment:

  1. Both of these projects turned out great!! Yaaay Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete