We are redecorating our master bedroom since it was atrocious when we moved in, scary pink walls and even scarier pink and gold curtains. It's not quite finished so I'll save the before and after pictures for later but I do want to share the two photo canvases I made to hang above our bed. I bought two 8x10 canvases months ago at Michaels when they were on sale for 40% off. I knew that I wanted to do a photo project with them since I love photo canvases but they are so expensive to buy. I pinned tons of ideas on Pinterest and ended up kind of creating my own project by combining a few different ideas and using what I had on hand.
What you need:
2 canvases, any size you want
*The space above our bed could have fit bigger canvases but I wanted to keep this project cheap so I decided against buying bigger ones.
Spray paint, any color but I went with yellow since that's our accent color
Matte Mod Podge
2 photograph prints the same size as your canvases (I got mine done at Walgreens through Snapfish.)
I had everything but the prints and matte mod podge so this project turned out to be pretty cheap. The first thing I did was spray paint the sides of the canvases. You could also glue scrapbook paper on the sides or cover the canvas with fabric if that tickles your fancy.
Then I glued the picture on top of the canvas.
And covered the picture and sides with a thin layer of mod podge. It looks milky when you put it on but it dries clear.
Once they were dry, I hung them up on the wall! Super easy project with a great result! I like how the mod podge added a little texture to the photograph, just like a real canvas print. I stole another Pinterest idea and decided to add the lyrics to our first dance song in Photoshop on the side of a picture of us dancing at our wedding. Got to love Pinterest!!
All the canvases hung above our bed! I ordered the middle one years ago from Winkflash and the two I made cost probably about a quater of that one, and I ordered it when canvas prints were 60% off.
While I'm showing off the canvases, I'll give a sneak peak at the photo collage I did above our dresser. I had all the frames but spray painted two of them yellow. I'm kind of obsessed with spray paint lately, especially this fabulous bright yellow!
I'm loving how our room is coming together!
Monday, February 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love seeing all your Pinterest projects! Makes me motivated to do some of them! Love how that canvas picture turned out!
ReplyDelete